Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drag-and-drop from Mail.app ti Tbx6 not working? (Read 3049 times)
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Drag-and-drop from Mail.app ti Tbx6 not working?
Sep 03rd, 2014, 12:17pm

Hi
Since version 6.0.3 I cannot drag-and-drop from Maill app to Tinderbow file. Is this just my case, or is it by design?
Thank you

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Drag-and-drop from Mail.app ti Tbx6 not working?
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2014, 10:12am

I don't believe that mail drag has changed in any way since the initial 6.0 release.

What precisely are you dragging, and where are you dragging it?  (Perhaps best done by email)

WWW   IP Logged
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2014, 4:29am

I imagined also.

The idea is to drag a message from Mail.app into my Tinderbox file. (instead of copy/paste) and thus when clicking on the URL attribute inside Tinderbow it open the mail in the Mail application.

This is quite useful because I can select some specific emails as notes in a file of "things to do" or some info useful to keep on a side.

I know that in Tinderbox (thanks to Mark Anderson):
Quote:
It does work in v6, but you (currently) need to expose $URL for the note and click the code button.  I think the extra steps are simply existing stuff that as yet hasn't been re-written into the v6 codebase, bearing in mind that the latter has been completely re-written. v6 is 'new' in many ways more than a roll in the version number.

FWIW, the method only works with Apple Mail emails and not MS Outlook should

I did this once. And wanted to repeat ... But then I am unable to drag-and-drop (whereas the first time it did work !)

When it worked, I clicked on the email in the list, and dragged in the tinderbox list.

See here:
http://glui.me/?i=tfxxg24xkus0qx4/2014-09-09_at_10.30_(1).png/

But doesnt seem to work now.

Best

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Re: Drag-and-drop from Mail.app ti Tbx6 not working? (
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2014, 4:34am

Correction !

Trying to answer to you it now works. Something in my set-up. But very strange because, for a lot of time (on whole month it wasnt possible to drag-and-drop).

I hope I dont have this again.

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2014, 1:11pm

It continues to be on/off. Sometimes I can drag-and-drop from Mail.app to Tinderbox, sometimes I cant. Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?

Best to all

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2014, 1:38pm

No, but only as not using Mail on my main Mac. It's probably worth keeping a mental note of mails that fail. It might be encoding (under the hood), the nature of the content (embedded objects?) or the like. Although no consolation if it happens at present, if the cause can be pinned down more accurately it helps the the chances of a fix. Hope that helps…

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print