Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Emulating a button (Read 2469 times)
MJ Mastroianni

Emulating a button
Sep 05th, 2014, 5:20pm

What's the simplest way to create the equivalent (or near equivalent?) of a button in Tinderbox? By button I think I mean a note, that when clicked, executes a specified action or actions (v. "selecting".) (This would be helpful in creating, say, a little "control center" style feature that behaves like an application). Is anything like that possible now? What's the minimal UI interaction to accomplish something akin to this?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Emulating a button
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2014, 5:43pm

I'd guess (not tested) a tick-box key attribute (i.e. boolean type user attribute) tested via a rule. If ticked, do something then un-tick, else do nothing. does that help?

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014, 5:44pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
MJ Mastroianni

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2014, 6:13pm

So in that case, I'd have a note open that exposes the boolean attributes, and 'tick' them on or off as desired to trigger an action via the rule, yes? It wouldn't have the same visual appeal say, as being able to click a note directly (a 'note button', so to speak) during a presentation, maybe, but it's a workable idea maybe ...

Thanks, Mark Smiley

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2014, 6:22pm

Yes, there's no clickable action/event in map view. Ticking/un-ticking a boolean attribute is the closest I can think of. Still - in v6 - all windows show the current note's text pane, and thus key attributes (KA) so this is less of a hardship than in v5 where you'd need to open a text window to access the KA.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print