Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Primer: exporting from TB to HTML (formatted text) (Read 3062 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Primer: exporting from TB to HTML (formatted text)
Sep 29th, 2014, 2:39pm

Download this zip file (HTML-v6.zip). The zip contains 5 exercise TBXs; open each in order (the files are numbered) and follow the instructions given in the file. When you've complete each exercise, you will have folder of HTML. This allows you to compare source with output, experience the basics of export, and see how export code and templates work.

The 5 demo TBXs are (see the files for an explanation of each):
  • 'Ex1-Simple.tbx'.
  • 'Ex2-Multiple.tbx'.
  • 'Ex3-Include.tbx'.
  • 'Ex4-Multiple2.tbx'.
  • 'Ex5-Recurse.tbx'.
The zip contains a 'readme' file and another zip holding specimen output. I suggest you actually try the export exercises before looking that the specimen export so that you experience the whole export process.

This tutorial covers HTML export only. HTML is Tinderbox's default export format. Export using other forms of mark-up are possible but aren't covered here.

Edited:
Oops - I originally wrote these exercise files back c.2009, before built-in templates & prototypes got added to TB5. Anyway, to follow today's style I really ought to add the new style set up of using an 'HTML Template' prototype. I try and do this when I get a chance to update the files. As can be seen from the files you dont have to have a prototype, but it is actually much erasier for the new user if you do!

« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2014, 4:19am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print