Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
removing a link (Read 2301 times)
Rudy

removing a link
Oct 07th, 2014, 7:51am

A terrible newbie question: I have a link between two notes, who are each 'embedded' in two different notes. I have found the way to link them, using the parking space. But I can't for the life of me find the way to remove this link.
(I bought TB long ago, and updated twice, but stopped using it every time for the same reason: how difficult it sometimes is just to find an answer on a very simple question.=> Causing an enormous loss of time each time. I tried to search on 'Remove link' in the forum, but I must have missed it. Tried the Wiki. Nope. Tried the included help. Nope.)

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: removing a link
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2014, 8:18am

Highlight the note with the outgoing link and choose View > Browse Links (cmd-opt-L). You'll see a dialogue box with all the links coming from that note and you can modify or delete each one.

NB This only seems to work on the note with the outgoing link, not the destination note.

IP Logged
Rudy

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2014, 8:22am

THX David. I probably missed it, because I was looking for it from the incoming side.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2014, 8:55am

TB links are uni-directional and are managed from the source note. If not sure of source, but you do know the target, use Roadmap (Cmd+Opt+Ctrl+R) to see the incoming links. Double click the source note in the incoming links column and that note is now selected and you can open Browse Links to delete the unwanted link.

Also, in Map view only, all outbound links for the currently selected note will show two buttons over each link. The 'x' button allows that individual link to be deleted; the 'i' button shows the link's source note's Browse Links pop-over.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print