Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Open notes with space bar (Read 2215 times)
Bob Kemp

Open notes with space bar
Oct 21st, 2014, 11:35am

One feature that I miss is the ability to open a note with the space bar. It was mentioned briefly in this discussion:

http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum//YaBB.pl?num=1410165365/6#6

- but was not followed up as far as I can see. I wondered if there were any plans to restore this useful feature? Or is there a new alternative shortcut that I've missed?

Thanks,

Bob

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Open notes with space bar
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2014, 11:43am

a) Of course, in Tinderbox Six you don't even need to press the space bar to open notes in the text pane -- they open automatically when selected.

b) If you want to show or hide the text pane, see the Window menu. Shortcut keys are available too that let you view the map, the text, or both.

c) If you want to open a separate text window for the selected note, there's a shortcut key, too: View>Text Window or ⌘⌥-X.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2014, 11:50am

You don't 'open' a note in v6, as when selected, it's already shown in the text (right pane). The overall design intent is a single window app , for all sorts of good reasons I won't go into here.

However, sometimes you want to be able to see the $Text of more than one note at the same time. For this reason you can open a note in a separate window (that lasts until you close the extra window or the TBX itself - it doesn't persist further). Top open such an extra window, select the note and then use  View -> Text Window, or Cmd+Opt+X, to open a separate window.

From v6.1.0 onwards these extra text windows have functional key attribute tables. Previously, the window only showed the note's $Text.

FWIW, you can also open Get Info (Cmd+Opt+i) and other note pop-overs from the extra text windows.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014, 11:51am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Bob Kemp

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2014, 11:51am

Thanks Mark (and Mark A),

Option c) looks like the thing I need. My multiple window habit is too engrained...

Cheers,

Bob

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014, 11:57am by Bob Kemp »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print