Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A GTD template (Read 4525 times)
J.D. Hollis

Designer and
strategist.

NYC
A GTD template
Oct 28th, 2014, 10:16am

Hi, all. I’ve been meaning to post this GTD template for a while. I finally got around to cleaning it up a bit, and there seems to be a fair bit on interest in GTD templates in the forum recently.

I used variations on this template for a couple of years before switching to Things. It’s modeled after OmniFocus.

It uses a series of agents to style the projects and actions based on status. Quickstamps are used for marking actions and projects as “started” or “completed” (or you can set the attributes manually).

I’ve been thinking about doing a couple of extended tutorials in eBook format on some of my more advanced templates. If that sounds interesting to anyone, let me know.

I'll post the link to the template in a response, since the forum won't let me post a URL in my first post.

WWW   IP Logged
J.D. Hollis

Designer and
strategist.

NYC
Re: A GTD template
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2014, 10:16am

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2014, 11:46am

Hi, thanks for this. Sorry about the URL restriction which I assume is a protection against drive by spam. Thanks for sharing.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Derek Van Ittersum

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2014, 4:19pm

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. Lots of good techniques on display here. I'd certainly be interesting in seeing more from you Smiley

IP Logged
J Fallows

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2014, 6:11pm

Yes, thank you!

IP Logged
Simon Smailus

Tipton, UK
Reply #5 - May 26th, 2015, 4:23pm

Looks really good!

Is there some instruction as to how you use it?

Simon Smailus
WWW   IP Logged
J.D. Hollis

Designer and
strategist.

NYC
Reply #6 - May 26th, 2015, 4:39pm

The instructions are inside the file. Check the top-level container notes. Otherwise, it's populated with examples.

There are also stamps for starting, completing and archiving projects and actions.

Really, you should only need to edit things below the separator (except when you want to add a context agent).

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Scott

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:59pm

Thanks!  It is always helpful to see working models.

Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print