Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Editing attribute values (Read 1732 times)
jasonromney

Editing attribute values
Nov 04th, 2014, 5:13am

I am using Tinderbox Six and find that the custom attributes I've assigned to some prototype notes appear greyed out and cannot be edited. How do I turn the attribute field into an editable area please?

(I can edit the supplied attributes in the templated notes such as "Person", "Event" and "Task" without a problem. I note that if I open the field for editing, the attribute name turns to a darker shade of black. Does that signify some kind of value change, even though I only open it for editing without entering a value in the field?)

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Editing attribute values
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2014, 6:34am

An attribute name is shows in normal weight until it is edited locally* at which point the attribute is shown bolded (for that note).

* Notes inherit app, doc or prototype defaults for an attribute unless/until the value is set at note level. See more on Inheritance in TB.

There's insufficient info to triage the other issue. How you 'assign' the attributes.  Are you referring to key attributes (KA)?  Did you type the attribute name correctly when setting up the KA attribute? Does the user attribute you've assign actually exist yet?

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Editing attribute values
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2014, 11:59am

Remember that attribute names are case sensitive: if your user attribute is named ListPrice and you set your key attributes to display "listPrice", you'll see a disabled element since that attribute doesn't exist.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print