Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox Set Up Document (Read 1637 times)
Mel

Tinderbox Set Up Document
Dec 08th, 2014, 3:18am

Hi there! Just a poll type query.

It seems like a good idea to have a TBX starter document where certain settings are made etc to save a bit of time when starting a new document. I just wondered what are the things that people have put in this document? Colours? Fonts? Some Prototypes?

Just wanting to see what other people have found helpful.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tinderbox Set Up Document
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2014, 9:39am

I tend to focus on TB testing, user support, action code and export so my starter doc (v5 copy**) focuses in having a large number of data-typed attributes, and agent, a map, a timeline, etc., so you can get to testing a quickly as possible. Using names like $MyString, $MyBoolean during test help remind you want sort of data type you are using. It can also be useful for checking if your actual user attributes are the best data type for the task.

** although a v5 file, the same concepts hold true for v6, although you might want to set up different view tabs for even quicker access to testing.

Bear in mind that the sort of task you're doing and your style of work may mean you want more then one such starter. It's all about committing appropriate effort to a doc that will make your own work faster to get going.

edit:typo

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2014, 4:51pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print