Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copying attributes (Read 2542 times)
jfontana

Copying attributes
Dec 23rd, 2014, 1:56pm

Hi,

Is there any way to copy many attributes and values at the same time? I'm trying to use $OnAdd to have notes inherit a bunch of attributes from the parent note when they are added but I find it a bit tedious to have to introduce the list the attributes that I want to be inherited in the Action section of the Action Inspector. Being able to select a bunch of attributes and drag them or copy them and paste them elsewhere would save a lot of time.

I've searched for information through all of the documentation I have been able to gather but I haven't been able to find any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

JM

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Copying attributes
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2014, 11:04am

I'm afraid not. But you can compose the rule in a noteís text, which makes it easier to view, and then move to to the action when itís ready. Since it's inherited, you only have to type it once.

You might be able to save some of this work using prototypes.

WWW   IP Logged
jfontana

Re: Copying attributes
Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2014, 3:26pm

OK. Thank you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print