Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
External Code Notes (Read 2673 times)
Ted Goranson

Virginia Beach VA
External Code Notes
Jan 14th, 2015, 11:40pm

This is pretty off the wall. The idea has two generators.

-- I have a big, complex project and it is going to get bigger and more complex. I think I will have to break it into bits, but have all the code be shared.

-- I am running into maintainability problems with multiple helpers on the export process.

So I want to consider having as much as possible in code notes, and to have the text of those code notes plus all templates fetched from files external to TBx. I suppose this is technically feasible. To keep the fetch load low, I'd have to *manually* trigger a global fetch for each update/test. That would be a hassle.

Advantages?

-- Multiple files could use the same templates and action code.

-- Editing could be done in an editing environment like BBedit, with some possibility of syntax highlighting and reusable compound functions.

-- I could use a versioning control system.

WWW TedGoranson   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print