Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Export Selected Note: sometimes grayed out (Read 1906 times)
Ralph Alvy

Santa Monica
Export Selected Note: sometimes grayed out
Jan 15th, 2015, 1:27pm

After reading Mark's section in his book (Tinderbox Way) on exporting, I finally understand, I think, how to do it. I see I need to attach the export template to a container name in my outline. Fine. That works. I'm using the OPML Template successfully. That said, I find that Export Selected Note is frequently grayed out when I am about to do the export. When that hapens, I fiddle around with the outline a little (maybe detach the template and re-attach it, or expand and then collapse a note, etc.) and then Export Selected Note is available again. I'm not sure I see the pattern that gets Export Selected Note available, or the pattern that results in it being grayed out.

IP Logged
Ralph Alvy

Santa Monica
Re: Export Selected Note: sometimes grayed out
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2015, 1:52pm

Okay. I found the pattern. Expand and Collapse (or Collapse and Expand) the container with the template attached, and Export Selected Note is no longer grayed out.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Export Selected Note: sometimes grayed out
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2015, 11:39am

Expand selected note will be enabled when
  • a note is selected
  • the view pane (not the text pane) has the keyboard focus
  • the note is exportable