Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UUIDs and external hyperlinks (Read 1706 times)
jwiegley

UUIDs and external hyperlinks
Jan 18th, 2015, 11:47am

This feature request is really just a copy of feature of DEVONThink that I absolutely love:

- Every note gets its own internal UUID, visible as a read-only attribute.

- Provide a URL scheme to OS X of the form x-tinderbox://UUID.

- Whenever this URL is visited, it opens whatever document contains that UUID, and sets the focus to that note as if I'd searched for it from within Tinderbox.

- Every time a document is saved, in the background update a set of metadata files so that a custom Spotlight indexer can apply Spotlight queries to Tinderbox notes, and visit those that match if selected.

The Spotlight searching would make it easier to search for something across every tinderbox document on my system.  The UUID attributes and external linking are both things I rely on heavily when using DT.  (In fact, I currently am using them to associate Tinderbox notes with DT assets).

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2015, 11:47am by jwiegley »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: UUIDs and external hyperlinks
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2015, 1:00pm

v6 has an experimental tinderbox:// pseudo protocol. It's an ongoing experiment and I can't find any documentation (in places like help). You might find it useful to ask Eastgate directly about this.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: UUIDs and external hyperlinks
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2015, 1:52pm

There's limited documentation in the backstage release notes.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print