Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hide the "breadcrumb" bar? (Read 1517 times)
Lucas D

Hide the "breadcrumb" bar?
Feb 23rd, 2015, 3:59pm

I'm finally making the switch from TB5 to TB6 and learning about the new features. I use Tinderbox a lot for outlining, and I like to be able to zero in ("hoist" or "focus") on a particular part of the outline in order to be able to develop it further. But I prefer not to be reminded of the rest of the outline --- that is, I truly want to "focus". So, I would love to be able to hide the "breadcrumb" bar (even though I can see that it could be very useful on an as-needed basis). Any way to show/hide it once I'm in a "Focused" view?

Thanks very much.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Hide the "breadcrumb" bar?
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2015, 5:12pm

The is currently no way to hide the breadcrumb bar, as it is placed there deliberately. I guess you need to submit a feature request.

A difficulty with such an option is it's all to easy for an occasional user to turn the feature off, by mistake or to try it, then get confused.  I find when working in a hoisted container I don't really notice the contents of the bar - just that it's there. A bit like the way you're aware of ads on a web page but probably never read them deliberately. But, the bar does importantly remind you it's not a root-level view.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Lucas D

Re: Hide the "breadcrumb" bar?
Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2015, 4:56pm

Thanks, Mark A. That all makes sense. (In fact I do find internet ads similarly distracting and rely on adblockers.) Another thing that makes the bar distracting is that, if it contains outline entries that are several words long, then it tries to "wrap" them within the existing space of the breadcrumb bar, without actually creating room for the resulting second line of text, such that only the top half of the second line appears. It's especially those half-visible lines in the bar that challenge my focus.

Perhaps eventually there could be an alternative whereby there is simply some sort of backwards arrow to the left of the top-most item that would serve to show that the top-most item isn't root-level.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print