Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Displaying values of attributes (Read 1364 times)
Barbara Snyder

Displaying values of attributes
Apr 08th, 2015, 2:45pm

Hi --

I've been going through the tbRef and have a couple questions.

1 - I modified one of the examples to find a way to list all key attributes for a note:

$KeyAttributes.each(x){ $Text=$Text +x+"\n" ; }

But how can I show the actual value of each key attribute, not just its name?

2 - Is there a way to do the same for all user attributes? (Not just key attributes.) Or for a particular category of system attributes?

Thanks -- Barbara

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Displaying values of attributes
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2015, 3:06pm

$Text=;
$KeyAttributes.each(x){ $Text=$Text +x+": "+eval("$"+x)+"\n" ; }

The first line stops each firing of the rule adding another set of data to $Text. Do note that you'll get the default formatting of each value. This approach doesn't lend itself to trying to detect the attribute name/type and enforcing some more particular formatting of the value.

To do the same with other list of attributes, you'll first have to populate a list attribute with the names of the attributes. There is no action code method to read the names of attributes in the various system attribute groups or in user attributes.

« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2015, 3:07pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Barbara Snyder

Re: Displaying values of attributes
Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2015, 4:10pm

Thanks! "eval" is obviously what I was looking for.

I wish there was a better way to find what I'm looking for when I don't know what it is!

Thanks -- Barbara

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print