Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copying user attributes from one file to another (Read 1853 times)
Bob Kemp

Copying user attributes from one file to another
Apr 15th, 2015, 6:38am

I've set up a new Tinderbox file and copied prototypes from another Tinderbox file. Notes copied from the original file display the user attributes from the original file but they are greyed out (which I think makes sense).

I therefore need to copy the user attributes from the original but can't figure out how. In earlier versions I remember copying attributes by dragging and dropping via the Attributes Palettes. As there isn't such a thing in v6 I tried using Get Info to drag attributes across but this doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks,

Bob

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Copying user attributes from one file to another
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2015, 11:25am

The easiest thing to do here is simply to recreate the attributes in the User Attributes pane on the Document inspector. (Drag and drop for moving attributes was cute but seldom used!)

Another approach, if you have lots of attributes in a file you want to use in a new project, is to make a copy of the file and delete all the notes!

WWW   IP Logged
Barbara Snyder

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2015, 5:10pm

Can I piggy-back on this question and ask if the same answer would apply to copying stamps between files? It would be lovely if there were import and export commands for stuff like this (attributes and stamps).

Thanks -- Barbara

IP Logged
Bob Kemp

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2015, 4:21am

Thanks Mark. I'd come to the conclusion that stripping out the notes from the original file was probably the way to go if copying attributes wasn't possible so I've done as you suggest.

- Bob

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print