Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A couple attribute browser questions (Read 1497 times)
Barbara Snyder

A couple attribute browser questions
Apr 15th, 2015, 5:07pm

Hi --

I'm putting these questions in this section because I think the answer might be that I need to use another tool instead of the attribute browser (AB) to do what I'm trying to do.

1 - I have put together a file to track what I spend my time on. Each note has a category (a set, which means a note can have >1 category) and an elapsed time attribute that I calculate from start and end time.

I've created an AB view that summarizes and totals the elapsed time for each category, which is working fine. On the right side, I see a total for each category. My question is, is there a way to sort by the total elapsed time that is being calculated? So I can easily see where I am spending the most time, next most time, etc?

2 - Is there any way to "save" the various criteria that define an AB window, other than just remembering to never close its tab? The "copy view as image " command doesn't work in the AB (just creates a blank document), and even if it did wouldn't include any query or actions that were set, since they aren't displayed unless you click on one of them.

Thanks -- Barbara

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: A couple attribute browser questions
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2015, 5:33pm

Not sure about #2 but for the first, the AB view has a sort option.  Expand the controls at the top of the view (as you do to see the query, etc.). In the second line there is a sort option. Use that and select your attribute holding the elapsed time.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Barbara Snyder

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2015, 6:00pm

Yes I know about the sort option, thanks, but it doesn't sort by the calculated total (the Summary info), just by the elapsed time within each category grouping. I want to sort by the values being displayed in the summary at the right of the window.

Thanks -- Barbara

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2015, 3:03am

There is currently no way to access summary info from within TB, e.g. via action code.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print