Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Treemaps! (Read 1693 times)
Greg Korgeski

Vermont
Treemaps!
Jun 01st, 2015, 10:29pm

Just downloaded this and looked at treemaps. Wow.

Seem vastly different than the old original treemaps. I like that you can pinch-expand them and explore that way, note by note in a very complex document. This should be an amazingly useful tool.

Thanks to Mark and contributors for the hard work on this!

Greg

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Treemaps!
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:31am

Yes, the treemaps are all new, and much more interesting.

To be fair, when we did the Tinderbox 5 treemap view, treemaps were still quite new; I believe Tinderbox was the first commercial product to create treemaps.  There's been a lot of great work on treemaps in the past decade!

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Scott

Re: Treemaps!
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:08pm

Mark,

Thank you so much for the treemap view!  It is simply awesome.  I sometimes hesitate to put items in containers because it is harder to see everything on a map.  I feel like I'm always having to make adjustments on the map view.  The treemap view enables me to see and understand what is in containers.  Great work!

Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print