Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Importing Contacts to TBX 6 (Read 1720 times)
Stephen Hay

Wellington NZ
Importing Contacts to TBX 6
Jun 2nd, 2015, 12:53am

Hello all,

I'm on Yosemite - latest version - and TBX 6.2.1.

Having trouble with dragging V-cards from contacts to Tbx. It works fine if I drag to create a new note but not if I drag onto an existing note - it creates a child with the new V-card note in Map view and doesn't work in Outline view.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

« Last Edit: Jun 02nd, 2015, 9:39pm by Stephen Hay »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Importing Contacts to TBX 6
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 4:43am

The v5 method of dropping onto a note window dos not work in v6.3.0 or earlier. In v5 you dropped onto an open note window, in v6 the equivalent of dropping onto the text pane (title or $text area) has no effect

vcard drag to the view pane is designed to create a note, not to add to it. In a map, if you drop over another note and the latter gets a red outline, the drop will create a child note. In Outline view the indicator line shows whether the drop will create a previous/next sibling or a child.

I will report the loss of vcard 'update' functionality when dropping on a note.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:27am

That's correct: dragging a vCard into a map in Tinderbox 6.3 always creates a new note. We'll see about implementing the update-to-existing notes functionality as well.

WWW   IP Logged
Stephen Hay

Wellington NZ
Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2015, 9:39pm

Thanks to you both for your prompt replies.

Upon reflection, having the vCard note as a child-note is probably okay as the existing note already has text in it and all I want from the vCard is the url to the Address Book entry. I can just as easily cut-and-paste it then delete the child-note.

If you do implement the update-to-existing notes functionality it would be a pleasant bonus but not hugely important, for me.

Best,
Stephen

« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2015, 9:40pm by Stephen Hay »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print