Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Arranging notes in container (Read 1102 times)
Ian Greig

Wokingham, UK
Arranging notes in container
Jun 11th, 2015, 12:27pm

Basic question I know -- Have just UG to TB6. I have  some notes grouped in a container and i find I cannot arrange them to explore relationships etc. They all move together with the container selected -- can't find a way to select individual notes

--IanG
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Arranging notes in container
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2015, 12:33pm

Are you talking about map view or outline view - or indeed some other view. How did you 'group' the items in v5? Perhaps, in map view, you used a smart adornments or locked items to the map background.

I little more contextual detail would help. View type, are you trying to move the items within the current container or to the new map, are these notes or aliases (or both), etc.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ian Greig

Wokingham, UK
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2015, 1:00pm

Hi Mark,

Sorry I was sparse on info. Map view. I have managed to get them out of the container now but selection was a strangely slow process.

No problems arranging out of the container. No grouping, adornments or locked items -- all plain vanilla notes, not aliases.

I'm using a 2008 iMac running Yosemite -- not the fastest piece of kit but I wouldn't have thought TB6 was much of a CPU load... I do much heaver lifting on it.

--IanG
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2015, 4:10pm

Just zoom into the container and then arrange them in the map. Don't try to arrange the children inside the container from the parent's map.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print