Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aliases Loses Link (Read 1089 times)
Steve Scott

Aliases Loses Link
Jun 12th, 2015, 12:04pm

I have noticed that aliases lose links.  Is this intentional?  Is it possible to see the original notes links from an alias.

I understand that this could be considered a feature as you might make an alias and put it into a new map to create some new connections.  However, on a map that I'm working on, it would be good to see the links from the original notes.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Aliases Loses Link
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2015, 12:14pm

It's not that aliases 'lose' links but rather that they have their own basic links.  However, text links are always common to both originals and aliases.

This isn't a bug but arises from an issue of two conflicting uses for aliases for which there is on one-size-fits-all answer.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Steve Scott

Re: Aliases Loses Link
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2015, 12:41pm

Thanks for the clarification, Mark.

Steve

IP Logged