Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How editing an attribute affects $Modified (Read 1377 times)
Lucas D

How editing an attribute affects $Modified
Jun 17th, 2015, 1:09pm

I am pleased to report that I have finally converted. I have now made the switch to TB6 in earnest, and I'm delighted with all the new capabilities. Among many other things, I am finding working with tabs to be exceptionally useful.

Now, another question: I have a file where manually changing a number-type attribute does not affect $Modified for a note in TB6, whereas in TB5, with the same file, changing the attribute does update $Modified. So I am wondering: Is this an intentional tweak (I can see some advantages), or is it rather something that will eventually work the same in TB6 as in TB5?

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: How editing an attribute affects $Modified
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2015, 7:00pm

Currently, $Modified is modified when the note is created, moved, or when the text or name is changed. †

Itís not updated by every attribute change, as (a) some attribute changes are probably too minor -- $SelectionCount, for example, and (b) this might create performance problems, as we'd need to generate a timestamp every time an attribute was written. †But that might change someday.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2015, 7:00pm by Mark Bernstein »  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print