Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Storyspace 3 (Read 1963 times)
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Storyspace 3
Nov 24th, 2015, 6:36pm

Storyspace 3 is now available.

Storyspace 3 reimagines the writing environment that kicked off serious interactive writing and helped shape hypertext and the Web. Built on the same technological foundations as Tinderbox, Eastgate’s pioneering tool for notes, Storyspace 3 brings Storyspace into a new era.

WWW   IP Logged
Stephen Hay

Wellington NZ
Re: Storyspace 3
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2015, 5:00pm

Mark, this is great news!

I think I have been trying to use Tinderbox as Storyspace (and getting horribly convoluted results). Having Storyspace available may just help me use Tinderbox properly...

Regarding approach: is it correct to say that Tinderbox is for notes, Storyspace to transform those notes into non-linear text and Scrivener to transform them into linear text?

Regarding publishing: how does one publish a Storyspace document?

Many thanks for all your work,
Stephen

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2015, 5:32pm

I think your summary puts it well.

For the immediate moment, the best way to read new Storyspace documents is in Storyspace, either the demo or the unlocked application.  Indeed, Storyspace has two modes -- reading and editing.

In the near future, we'll release a freely-redistributable OS X application that will read Storyspace documents.

We also plan in the longer term to have readers for iOS and for the Web.  Each presents interesting challenges, but neither should prove insuperable.

WWW   IP Logged
Stephen Hay

Wellington NZ
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2015, 11:30pm

Is it possible to drag and drop Notes from Tbx to SSp?

Thanks,
Stephen
---

Yes. If I drag the text not the Note... RTM helps...

As an aside, this is good because it means that articles I have stored in Tbx can be carved up into Writing Spaces in SSp.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015, 11:37pm by Stephen Hay »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2015, 2:53am

You can't drag/drop as in v5 but you can copy/paste notes between Tinderbox and Storyspace. I tested with v6.4.0 and v3.0.0 respectively.

As in the past, copying a note from one document/app to another doesn't result in creation of any necessary but missing user attributes or templates or prototypes. That is left for the user to fix. Also, you can't drag/drop attributes between docs/apps as in the past, due to changes in the new UI frameworks.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Stephen Hay

Wellington NZ
Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2015, 5:51am

Thanks Mark, that's most helpful.

IP Logged