Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions from someone considering purchasing TBX (Read 1094 times)
MTOLincoln

Questions from someone considering purchasing TBX
Dec 19th, 2015, 10:32am

I'm wondering if someone could answer a few quick, simple questions from a prospective user. Namely: I'm used to using highlighting, tags, and links in other apps, and would want to know if I can use the same in TBX in more or less the same way?

Can I insert tags with my notes and have Spotlight find them?  If I import highlighted texts from NisusWriterPro, for example, would TBX preserve this highlighting?  If I grab text and a URL from my Safari browser, will the URL be an active link in TBX?

Thanks, for any clarifications. Before I spend hours and hours trying to decipher how TBX might work for my needs, I thought three focused questions might get me off to a great start.

Mike O.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Questions from someone considering purchasing TBX
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2015, 1:34pm

Tinderbox doesnít do much with Spotlight.

If you copy and paste text from Nisus, styles should be preserved in either direction.  Iím not sure Iíve actually looked at highlighting per se for this, but it's easy enough to try it!  Should questions arise, let me know.

You can associate a URL with any note. In addition, you can link any text span to a URL (or to another note).  If you drag a Safari bookmark into a Tinderbox map, you'll get a note with the URL field pre-populated, taking its title from the title of the destination page.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print