Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Notes in container scroll out of view (Read 878 times)
Will Duquette

Notes in container scroll out of view
Jan 10th, 2016, 1:20am

Fair disclosure, I'm a new user.

I've created a document with some notes, some of which are containers.  If I select a note in Map view and press the down arrow, I drill down to see the notes in the container.  But for some reason, the notes in the container are never visible: I always have to scroll to find them.  Is there a way to tell Tinderbox to automatically scroll to where there are some notes?  Or, alternatively, can I tell View/Cleanup to put the notes where I can see them without scrolling?  It's disconcerting to open a container with a number of notes in it and see nothing.

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: Notes in container scroll out of view
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2016, 3:44pm

Although a new user, you have immediately come across one of the timeless mysteries of this (admirable and powerful) program.

For reasons I don't fully understand, when you first go to a map view, it's hard to predict what you're going to see, or not.

The easiest workaround I have found, suggested by others here, is to hit Cmd-A, to Select All items in the map view. In my experience that always brings at least one item, and sometimes more, into the viewable area of the screen. Then you can de-select all with a click and move around, but you have some idea of where the items are at that point. Hope this works on your end.

IP Logged
Will Duquette

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2016, 5:09pm

Thank you!  It's nice to know I didn't miss anything obvious.

Weird.  You'd think that when you open a map view you'd see the content positioned just as it was (relative to the window) when you last looked at it.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2016, 5:53pm

Selecting the view (left) pane and blind typing the name of a note can help.  Tinderbox will atempt to find the closest match and select/scroll to it.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print