Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox in the Cloud (Read 1323 times)
Lars Christiansen

Lyon, FR
Tinderbox in the Cloud
Jan 11th, 2016, 12:29pm

Hello
I'm using Tinderbox across 2 macs, a Mac Mini 2012, and a MacBook 2015.
I have just started to use iCloud for saving and sharing a few TBX files across those machines.
At this point I am only sharing small files that I can easily rebuild if lost.

I was wondering (a search on the forum revealed very little on this subject) if anyone have had a significant experience, positive or negative, sharing TBX files between Macs using iCloud?

The same question: Anyone with experience synchronizing data between PC and Mac via iCloud?

Regards
Lars

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
George Bernard Shaw, 190
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tinderbox in the Cloud
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2016, 1:08pm

I use Dropbox rather than iCloud but the expereince is essentially the sa,e (home, work and a MBAir that travels with me). The main discipline is to remember to close all docs before leaving a location (Mac).

I've been doing this (or a 2-Mac variant) since 2013 and haven't had any significant problems. If you're forgetful and leave docs open on multiple machines, you may get some odd effects.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: Tinderbox in the Cloud
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2016, 1:19pm

Quote:
use Dropbox rather than iCloud but the expereince is essentially the sa,e (home, work and a MBAir that travels with me). The main discipline is to remember to close all docs before leaving a location (Mac).

Agree with this. I've used TB on multiple computers, synched via Dropbox, for many years with no problems.

IF you forget to close a doc in one location before opening it in another, you have some cleaning up to do. Dropbox saves different versions of the file, which you can then reconcile. But otherwise it has been bulletproof for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print