Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dragging notes between tinderboxes (Read 3518 times)
Christian Kreutz

Re: Dragging notes between tinderboxes
Reply #15 - May 10th, 2016, 12:41pm

I am on 6.5 and the green tick. The error happens copying between any files. I cannot see a pattern. It just does not work.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #16 - May 10th, 2016, 1:46pm

OK - so we've confirmed it's not a registration/demo state problem. We also know from my test earlier that the issue doesn't affect all users, otherwise I too would see the effect. So we need a smaller test. For now, I'd suggest testing in outline view as the results are more obvious (e.g. it's easier to see and verify child/descendant notes from the same view context).

Make a new empty TBX file, select outline view. Don't add any prototypes. Create a new note, and add a child note to it. Create second new empty TBX document and select outline view. With the container in the first file expanded, select both the parent and child (total: 2 notes) and paste to the outline of the second file. What turns up after the paste? We'd expect 2 notes, one nested inside another. However, from your experience so far would suggest you may get only the parent container.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016, 1:47pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Christian Kreutz

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2016, 6:03am

Through outline the copy process works. It creates a container called "imported outline", where the parent and the child is included. But that does not work in a map view and that way I cannot copy links too, right?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #18 - May 11th, 2016, 7:36am

Something's not right.  When I do this test and I copy/paste between documents (Cmd+C in source doc, then Cmd+V in the new doc), I just get the container and child. I don't get an 'imported outline' container. The only difference I see is that regardless of whether the parent container is expanded in the source doc the pasted=in container is always collapsed.

Until the basic import works (and yours still doesn't for some reason) issues about view type is moot. I simple suggested using outline as it's easier to check nesting.

If we're truly doing the same test and you're getting the wrong outcome some other factor is at play. FWIW, I'm using various Macs 2001 MBPro, 2013 MBAir, 2015 MacMini) but all with v6.5.0 on OS 10.11.4 with UK OS locale.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #19 - May 11th, 2016, 9:54am

When pasting, links among the notes that were copies will be pasted.  Links to other notes won’t be pasted.

WWW   IP Logged
Christian Kreutz

Reply #20 - May 11th, 2016, 12:17pm

Thanks for the information. For me it is totally fine to copy it through outlines.

IP Logged
Christian Kreutz

Reply #21 - May 12th, 2016, 4:29am

Small update. It does not really work in outlines either. Same problem as described above.  Undecided

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #22 - May 12th, 2016, 4:36am

As this isn't a generic problem, I'd contact support. Having seen your movie, I don't doubt the issue on your Mac is as you describe it. But, it's not common to all users so will need more precise sleuthing to resolve and that's hard for fellow users here to do, unless we can replicate the cause.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Christian Kreutz

Reply #23 - May 12th, 2016, 3:38pm

I solved it. It was my copy paste manager, which normally does not interfere. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print