Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Open Recent" doesn't find recently opened TBXs (Read 721 times)
Doug Johnson

"Open Recent" doesn't find recently opened TBXs
Apr 08th, 2016, 1:49pm

Using 6.5.0 and discover the Open Recent command on the menu finds no files recently opened. It displays only a grayed out "Clear Menu" option. Should be three minimum such files for me. It was working but have no idea when it may have quit.

Am on Mac Pro running OS X 10.11.4 with plenty of memory and TBs of unused storage.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Doug

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: "Open Recent" doesn't find recently opened TBXs
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2016, 2:15pm

Quote:
Using 6.5.0 and discover the Open Recent command on the menu finds no files recently opened. It displays only a grayed out "Clear Menu" option. Should be three minimum such files for me. It was working but have no idea when it may have quit.

This is a known issue, discussed somewhere previously that I can't find at the moment. And in its "known issue" version, it's not a Tinderbox problem but a Mac OS problem.

As a way of confirming that it's not TB specific, check to see whether Scrivener and DevonThink are showing the same behavior just now, if you use them. Every time this has happened to me, it affected those three programs and some others.

The only fix that I'm aware of, but a 100% effective fix in my experience, is a system restart. In my experience, that has repopulated the Recent list with everything that was there before the problems began.

IP Logged
Doug Johnson

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2016, 2:39pm

System restart restored list. Now I know how to look for them.

Files located on HD SATA-connected in Mac Pro - location of most of my data. Separate HD from one containing OS X, apps, etc.

Sorry, don't have Scrivener or DevonThink for testing.

Appreciate assistance, thank you.

Mr. Fallows, am still holding candle for Lotus Agenda.

IP Logged
J Fallows

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2016, 5:26pm

Re Lotus Agenda: Ah, the Tinderbox of its day. That was an unbelievably elegant program, "unbelievably" given its creation, in DOS, some 25 years ago.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print