Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple Timeline Views (Read 895 times)
Richard Freeborn

Multiple Timeline Views
Apr 19th, 2016, 12:39pm

I suspect I'm missing something very basic here, so please bear with me.

I have a TBX with a series of project related notes and I'm using the standard Event Prototype with Start Date, End Date and Due Date. I need to see two timeline views - the first showing Start and End Dates and the second showing Due Dates.

My first Timeline View with Start and End Dates looks good. When I add the second Timeline View and change the settings to display by Due Date the first Timeline View flips to display by Due Date as well.

I can get the two views by cloning a separate window but it would be nice to see the two different views without needing to pop the new window.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Richard.

Richard
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Multiple Timeline Views
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2016, 1:08pm

I suspect that the tab system isn't currently designed with this in mind. For tabs in the same window, the same view - at the same scope (i.e. parent container) there can't be different settings. After all, the plotted date attribute(s) is an attribute value of the parent container.

Not tested, but I find it more likely that you can set a different timeline look if you use differently scoped views. for instance nest the plotted date within a an extra ancestor container (i.e. one level deeper in outline terms). Timelines always look downwards for data.

Beyond that, you may be best discussing your configuration needs directly with support.

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016, 6:31pm by Mark Bernstein »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2016, 6:35pm

$TimelineStartAttribute and $TimelineEndAttribute are properties of the timeline container.  So, you can have two tabs for timelines, but if they share the same container then they'll have the same  TimelineStartAttribute.

What you want to do, then, is make a new container with the same things as the first container. Thatís easy: just make an agent!  Its query would be descendedFrom(myTimeLineContainer), and it can have its own timeline configuration and its own tab.

WWW   IP Logged
Richard Freeborn

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2016, 12:36pm

Mark:

Thanks for the tip. I'll experiment with that over the next day or so.

Richard
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print