Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
$MapBodyTextSize - false alarm. Move on.... (Read 1207 times)
David Bertenshaw

$MapBodyTextSize - false alarm. Move on....
Apr 20th, 2016, 10:01am

Post deleted -- original incorrect.

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2016, 12:09pm by David Bertenshaw »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: $MapBodyTextSize
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2016, 10:21am

You highlight zero (for which value text should appear) then talk about making text hidden. Did you write what you meant to say? The quote and comments seem at odds.

I think the article is right, apart from not yet mentioning the -1 value option. Here a value of either '1' or '-1' suppresses body text. Indeed, any negative value seems to suppress display of body text.

Note that where body text is set to display, it still only displays in a normal (rectangular) icon; body text is not drawn in other shaped objects.

I've just tested in v6.5.0 and the latest beta #203, and the above holds true (Mac Mini 2015, 10.11.4)

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: $MapBodyTextSize
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2016, 12:07pm

Hi Mark

I've just tried it again and you're right, of course.  

I tested it and could have sworn there was an issue -- but it's far more likely it was me being stupid again.

Sorry for the false alarm! I'll delete the original post so there's no confusion. Thanks!

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: $MapBodyTextSize - false alarm. Move on....
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2016, 5:47pm

This did prompt me to update the note on $MapBodyTextSize to reflect the point that any negative value will result in body text not being rendered.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print