Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to save negative (BC) dates? (Read 1032 times)
Scott Heftler

How to save negative (BC) dates?
May 23rd, 2016, 6:55pm

It seems that negative dates are not saved in the TBX file.  TB6 recognizes negative dates that I input in a key attribute using "-327".  But if I close the TBX and reopen it, all negative dates are flipped into positive.  Emacs shows the XML as follows:

<attribute name="DueDate" >327-06-15T00:00:00-05:00</attribute>

Yes, I've tried changing System Prefs to use "AD" and "BC" (for short, medium, long, and every combo).  TB6 properly shows these in the key attribute field as "6/15/0327BC, 00:00".  (And yes, I've done this with and without restarting TB6 after each System Prefs change.)  The "AD/BC" trick does not help the saving problem.  The XML is still as above, and when I close and open the TBX in TB6, I get "6/15/0327AD, 00:00".

Any way to get TB6 to save negative dates?

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: How to save negative (BC) dates?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2016, 10:11am

Ah -- this came unstuck in Tinderbox 6.5. It should be addressed soon.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print