Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Words tab - contents of an agent  - and stoplist (Read 740 times)
Sumner Gerard

Words tab - contents of an agent  - and stoplist
Jun 03rd, 2016, 4:58pm

I have agents in TinderboxSix 6.6 that query for subsets of a collection of tweets (I'm hoping to keep the originals in the same container as there will be additions). I'd like to view the Words (word cloud) for each subset. But 'note & descendants' and 'parent & descendants'  show nothing here when first selecting the agent or an alias within the agent, respectively. The only options I can get to work are 'document' and 'selected note'.

How does one limit the focus to just a subset?

Also, can one can only have a customized stoplist at the app level in Library>Application Support>Tinderbox>config in the form of a file named stoplist.txt?  Or is it also possible to have a stoplist at the document level?

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Words tab - contents of an agent  - and stoplist
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2016, 8:58pm

Aliases: we'll revisit this. Currently, word statistics skip aliases, as agents would otherwise distort the distribution for the entire document.

Stoplist: make a node named "stoplist", and store the stop list there -- words separated by white space.

WWW   IP Logged
Sumner Gerard

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2016, 10:58pm

Though an agent would be more convenient for me, I've got a word cloud of a subset working after moving some originals into a separate container.

But I'm having trouble with stoplist.  I created a note (which I am guessing qualifies as a node) named "stoplist" which doesn't seem to have any effect. Perhaps it must be in a specific location?

stoplist.txt in Library>Application Support>Tinderbox>config  does work, but applies to all documents.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2016, 9:07am

I'll check; I expect the stop list needs to be at the top level, and must be named "stoplist"

WWW   IP Logged
Sumner Gerard

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2016, 12:32pm

Thanks. I think I remember the stoplist being something like that at one time, but it's been a while since I tried. The word clouds in T6 are nice. Great to be able to opton-click and copy to create a sharp-looking, resizable image file in Preview.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2016, 12:33pm by Sumner Gerard »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print