Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Title ends typing early (Read 668 times)
Chris Smith

Title ends typing early
Jun 17th, 2016, 2:08pm

Typing is ended prematurely in the title field when creating a new note in Outline view.

To reproduce:
  • Select a note in Outline view.
  • Press Return to create a new note just below it.
  • Begin typing the title for the new note, typing for more than a few seconds.
  • You will hear a beep as Tinderbox considers the title fully entered, closes out the title-editing event, and beeps on the next character entered, as you are no longer considered to be typing in the field.

MacOS 10.11.3 †Tinderbox 6.6.1

I wonder if an Agent is perhaps examining the new note, causing the title editing to be prematurely concluded. But that hasn't been a problem previously.

I'm enjoying the faster agent work in TBX 6.6.1. The latest version is a great improvement and seems a lot more stable. It used to crash sometimes if I tried to drag a new note in the Map view, but that seems to no longer be a problem.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016, 3:19pm by Mark Bernstein »  
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Title ends typing early
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2016, 3:19pm

Not reproducible in a new document.

It sounds like you may have an agent thatís updating the text, or the screen, before you finish typing.

For problems like this, it's better to contact tech support -- tinderbox@eastgate.com -- sending an explanation of the problem and a copy of the document in question.

And I've personally dragged thousands and thousands of notes in map view without crashing.  Again, something unusual is wrong with your document. If you crash, send the crash log to support with details of the circumstances; that lets us understand and fix the problem.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016, 3:22pm by Mark Bernstein »  
WWW   IP Logged
Chris Smith

Re: Title ends typing early
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2016, 4:49pm

OK, I'll send my document to tech support.

I just noticed that if I create the new note in Outline using the Return key, and don't type at all, the default "untitled" text "sticks" after 2 seconds and no typing is permitted until I click the title area again. Very much seems to be an issue with my agents. None of my agents change title text, but they do change its background color, hover info, and badge.

Sending to tech support now.

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: Title ends typing early
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2016, 5:47pm

For what it's worth, I have encountered a problem like this with the latest release. Will try to document it if/when it occurs again.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016, 5:47pm by J Fallows »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print