Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simplenote (Read 1249 times)
Diane Thompson

Kirkland Lake, ON, Canada
Simplenote
Aug 25th, 2016, 10:54am

It would appear that Simplenote works much better with Tinderbox than it used to.  I created a brand new file and it downloaded much quicker than I had expected and I ended up with exactly the same number of notes.

Since I don't want to mess this up, my question is:  Is this an only one directional function?  If I make any changes in Tinderbox will they show up in Simplenote, or should I restrict my changes to Simplenote and just use my Tinderbox notes for reference?

Using Simplenote gives me the opportunity to "use Tinderbox" on my PC as well as my mac.  I would like to hear how others use Simplenote and Tinderbox together.

I notice that once the notes are downloaded, there is no activity - no "syncing at all".  I thought that when changes were made on either platform, that the notes would be changed, but they aren't.  Any idea how often there are changes or if this in only meant to be a one time thing.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2016, 12:10pm by Diane Thompson »  
WWW Diane Thompson   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Simplenote
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2016, 1:21pm

Have you seen this? Also (to be added to the preceding) since v6.5.0 notes added to the Simplenote container in Tinderbox are now sync’d to Simplenote when the document is saved. (I'm not an active user of Simplenote so hesitate to comment further).

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2016, 1:22pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Diane Thompson

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2016, 1:43pm

I have Tinderbox 6.3.1.  What happens between Tinderbox and Simplenote before 6.5.0?

Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2016, 1:55pm

The release notes for v6.4.01b187 state:

Quote:
Simplenote: notes added to the Simplenote container in Tinderbox are now sync’d to Simplenote when the document is saved.  Previously, notes could only be created in Simplenote. (784, 916, 1255)

I think the 'Previously' may relate to v6.0.0+ but I don't use Simplnote enough to comment with certainty. In v6.x open document auto-save (every event? time?).

If you want to see synch state see the Inspector.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Diane Thompson

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2016, 2:20pm

I used a few tests to see if Simplenote: I created several notes in Tinderbox but none of them were synchronized to Simplenote.  
I tried making changes to some of the notes that were already in Simplenote, but none of the changes were synchronized.

If it is only one directional, what do most people find to be the benefit?  Is it just an easy import of notes from Simplenote?

Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2016, 3:33pm

OK, sorry the suggestions didn't work. Drop an email to support. This is a user-to-user forum so we're just fellow users of Tinderbox: we can't see under the hood.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Desalegn

Norway
Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2016, 5:52pm

For me, TB is sending from TB to Simplenote; not the other way around.  I am adding notes in Simplenote website. They don't appear in TB. But, the ones I created in TB are appearing in the Simplenote website.

And, it is not syncing every-time TB is saving. It is slower than that.

I used to have work in both directions a few weeks ago. Strange.

« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016, 5:57pm by Desalegn »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print