Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
registration (Read 1659 times)
Ellen Madono

registration
Aug 26th, 2016, 1:21am

I just updated to 6.6.4 and have not used tinderbox for a long time.  It says I have opened an unregistered demo. Menu/Tinderbox/Registration.   I open the registration box.  All my passwords are filled in for the popup.  I do I know if I am registered?   Shocked

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: registration
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2016, 3:30am

Any updates within 12 months of the issue of your registration, or last upgrade, licence are free - you just replace the older version with the newer one. If you purchase and upgrade licence, do ensure you apply the new licence as that resets the clock within the app when checking for free updates.

If you apply an update, or open one from a different folder (i.e. not in Applications), after the 12 month window the app will open but only function in demo mode. If you've over-installed a newer out-of-licence version over an older fully working one, simply re-install the older version to get back full functionality.

So the key thing to note is the date on which you purchased the last licence. The version release dates for the last c.18 months can be seen here. If still in doubt, contact support directly.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print