Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AutoFetch updates of Notes in Devonthink (Read 1362 times)
andreas grimm

AutoFetch updates of Notes in Devonthink
Sep 02nd, 2016, 6:39pm

Tinderbox 6.6.4 and Devonthink 2.9.4 now really play nicely together if one wants to link from a TB-note (using "Copy Note URL") to a DT-note and vice versa (using "Copy Item Link" in DT). Well done!

Now I'd like to use AutoFetch in TB to 1.) fetch note-content from DT-notes which 2.) once updated in Devonthink will be updated in TB as well.

It does not seem to work! - yet?

Ideas?

Cheers!

andreas

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: AutoFetch updates of Notes in Devonthink
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2016, 3:42am

Are you allowing long enough? My notes show:

Quote:
AutoFetch runs no more than once every 5 minutes. From v6.4.0, the first update (rule cycle) after (re-)opening a document will always run any AutoFetch operations; this assist with de-bugging AutoFetch operations.

Can you get a local HTML doc's content, (e.g. file:///...) via AutoFetch. It was likely originally designed for Web/Internet content, i.e. accessed via a server on the network, so might not understand local assets.  I'd try fetching something locally before looking at the specific DT/TB context in more depth.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
andreas grimm

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2016, 4:14pm

Thanks Mark A. for your reply.

AutoFetching web-URLs seldom takes more than 15 sec. to start working. No problems here.

But you're right: I'm not able to (auto)fetch local HTML doc's content via file:/// since I'm not even able to open a file:///-URL from within tinderbox.

Contacted eastgate already and they let me know that they'll take a look ...

IP Logged
quirp

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2017, 4:53pm

Great idea!
I'd love to hear of the results, should they emerge.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2017, 10:21am

We'll investigate.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print