Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upgrade turned Tinderbox into a DEMO (Read 1820 times)
John Pearce

Upgrade turned Tinderbox into a DEMO
Sep 03rd, 2016, 9:04pm

I upgraded to 6.6.4 today (a Saturday), overwriting my fully functioning 6.1, so I could start outlining a new novel.

Instead of the latest and greatest, I now have a demo version, which is severely crippled by a tight limit on the number of notes, and it appears Eastgate closes for the weekend. It can provide a receipt for the upgrade but not a new registration number. The

Does anyone have a workaround? Another thread suggests reinstalling the previous version, but I can't find a link.

Any help will be appreciated, and automated weekend service for registration numbers would be a terrific idea.

IP Logged
maurice

London, UK
Re: Upgrade turned Tinderbox into a DEMO
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2016, 4:53am

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2016, 10:44am

As a fellow user I can't fix licence issues but if v6.1.0 worked previously I'd re-download v6.1.0 (http://www.eastgate.com/download/tbx610.dmg) and install that back instead of v6.6.4 until you've sorted out your licence issues.

To find out if you can download a new version and have it function fully (i.e. not as a demo) look at your Register dialog in TB6 ([url]see here[/url] for what that is).  A aTbRef change log shows when public releases occur, so you should be able to figure the last available to you based on the time left shown in the Register dialog. If that 12 months has expired, look at when you last registered/updated and count froward 12 months. You can figure out the download url for each version by substituting the desired version number in the above download URL. Thus for v6.6.2, replace '661' with '662', etc.

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2016, 5:01pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2016, 2:40pm

I'm taking a very rare break from the office this holiday weekend, but I know upgrades are being processed even over the holiday.  Plus, I'm wrestling with very primitive bandwidth.

Restoring your older version from a backup, or re-downloading, should cope the the immediate emergency.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print