Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basic agent query question on Tags (Read 754 times)
rickdude

Japan
Basic agent query question on Tags
Sep 04th, 2016, 5:48am

Hi everyone,

This is my first time working on Agents for a long time, and I'm a bit stuck.

I have several notes with the tag "slides" (one of several tags separated with semicolons; is this correct?).

I've created an Agent with the query:
Code:
$Tags.contains("slides") 

It doesn't pick up any of the notes with the "slides" tag, though. So I'm guessing I have the syntax wrong, or that I've entered the tags wrongly.

Any advice?

Rick

P.S. In earlier versions of Tinderbox, I seem to remember that it wasn't necessary to memorize syntax for agents, because a dialogue enabled you to search for the things you were looking for by choosing from various options and the syntax was at least partially written for you. But I can't seem to find any dialogue like that in Tinderbox Six.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Basic agent query question on Tags
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2016, 10:54am

Testing (in v6.6.4 FWIW) you code works for me - I get a match to notes whose $Tags contain a value exactly, case-sensitively matching 'slides'. So a value of 'slides' is matched but not 'Slides' or 'slideshow'.  If the issue is one of case, use .icontains() instead.  Otherwise, based on the information supplied it's not clear why you're having the problem. Most likely, there may be other factors at play (e.g. other query terms providing unexpected filtering, etc.). Could you post a link to a TBX that exhibits the failure you describe?

$Tags - see here - is a Set-type system attribute. Sets support multiple values but do not allow duplicates (List-type do allow duplicates).

Also see here for querying List/Set type values.

As to your 'PS'. No, the configurator was dropped in v5 as it used now-deprecated syntax and action code (as used in queries) has grown so much that adding a syntax parser would be a big/expensive task (or so I understand).

Does that help?

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print