Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dock Icon right-click Recent Files list incorrect (Read 620 times)
Ralph Alvy

Santa Monica
Dock Icon right-click Recent Files list incorrect
Sep 25th, 2016, 12:28am

I notice that the right-click Recent Files list on the icon in my Dock are almost always out of sync. Even if I clear the Recent Files list via the Tinderbox File dropdown, this fails to help.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Dock Icon right-click Recent Files list incorrect
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2016, 6:30am

It appears the OS only updates context menus of Dock items on launching the Dock (i.e. booting your Mac) or re-lauching apps. Apps with icons retained in the Dock only update as the doc does. Whether this is an OS 'feature' or a bug is unknown. I presume for Tinderbox to route around it would require a kludge that would only potentially last until Apple tinker with the underlying framework again.

In the meantime, I've given up relying on the Dock context menu and gone back to the app's File menu. FWIW, the Dock icon's menu will be up to date the first time you boot into a a new OS session (or you restart the Dock app).

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ralph Alvy

Santa Monica
Re: Dock Icon right-click Recent Files list incorrect
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2016, 9:14am

Got it. I've been relying on just having my folder of Tinderbox docs sitting on my Desktop.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print