Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lost Tinderbox file -after update (Read 609 times)
HugoWright

Lost Tinderbox file -after update
Sep 29th, 2016, 9:19am

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a known issue with updates and Tinderbox files. I had one file, the only one I use, that is no longer there. I don't recall if it was saved on the cloud, or directly on my hard drive, but it is not present in both places.

The last Tinderbox-related action I took was an update. Could the update have deleted my Tinderbox file?

Thank you,

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Lost Tinderbox file -after update
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2016, 10:46am

No, as Tinderbox data files ('.tbx' files) are stored separately from the Tinderbox app itself. Updating the Tinderbox app will have no effect on the location of your TBX files. Assuming you know the name of the file, but not its location, you can use you Mac's Spotlight to find the file and to reveal it's location. Spotlight can be accessed via the magnifying glass icon at the right side of your Mac's menu bar (top right of your main screen).

If the update is an OS update, i.e. going to macOS Sierra (10.12) if you use iCloud some people have reported 'missing' files from their Desktop due to replication issues. They're not actually lost, just not shown.  If it's an OS issue I'd suggest googling on the subject as likely will have written a how-to to find the missing Desktop.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Lost Tinderbox file -after update
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2016, 1:00pm

Tinderbox never moves your files.  Of course, if something else moved the file, that might explain things.

One issue that's bugging a lot of people this week is iCloud file syncing. When you have several machines and turn on desktop and documents syncing, your other machine's files will be moved to secondary folders.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print