Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bulleted lists in Format Menu please... (Read 971 times)
David Bertenshaw

Bulleted lists in Format Menu please...
Oct 11th, 2016, 12:15pm

This is a minor irritation, but it's still an irritation so as an enhancement, please could I ask for the following:

Add the main bulleted list options to the Format menu so we can assign a short cut to them...

As the moment, the obvious options are all on the Ruler bar, where they're not available for shortcuts. The only List dialogue available through a menu is Other... which isn't suitable for a shortcut (too many options to choose...)

Either way, we have to use the mouse to get at a basic text function, which isn't really ideal.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to use the standard Mac text shortcut for a bullet point (opt-tab), because that's hard-wired to cycle between outline and text editor. And the old TB5 ability to type an * to get an automatically indented list seems to have gone as well.

It would be enough just to put the main options from the ruler drop down list on the Format Menu so we can assign shortcuts as we wish:

> Format
>> Text
>>>List
>>>>
>>>> -
>>>> 1)

etc...

Or if that's not possible, add a shortcut to drop down the Ruler bar List drop down list so I can at least arrow up and down it...

Thanks for listening!

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Bulleted lists in Format Menu please...
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2016, 1:09pm

RE the asterisk. You are correct that is doesn't do any formatting in $Text (which is now a fully RTF panel) but * does still (HTML) export as a bulleted list, and ** and *** produce nested lists which the Apple RTF controls don't seem to allow (i.e. no listed nests).

As I mainly use bullet lists for text that I'll export, I never use RTF lists but just the appropriate amount of asterisks. However, for in-TB use of lists I'd concur that easier access would be useful.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Bulleted lists in Format Menu please...
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2016, 1:46pm

Thanks, Mark.

I never use export, so haven't come across the * ** *** usage.

The in-rtf shortcut access is a minor enhancement, I know, but it would be nice if it could be implemented at some point.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print