Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Double-click to create new note (Read 652 times)
Andrew Saffer

Double-click to create new note
Nov 09th, 2016, 6:04pm

Hi everyone,

In Tinderbox 5, I used to be able to create a note on the spot by double-clicking.

I have since upgraded to Sierra, a Logitech MX Master mouse, and Tinderbox 6. I can no longer double-click to create a note, and I'm trying to isolate the problem.

Does Tinderbox 6 let you double-click to create notes?

Thanks, Andrew

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Double-click to create new note
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2016, 3:37am

Yes it does still work in v6.x. I've just tested v6.6.5 on 2 different Macs. I opened a new document and doubled-clicked to make a new note in both of the default views (Map, Outline).
  • On a 2011 Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12.1 I used the trackpad and a Magic Mouse.
  • On a 2013 Macbook Air I with macOS 10.12.1 I used the trackpad and an unbranded (cheap!) compact USB cable travel mouse plus a really old USB cable Microsoft WheelMouse Optical v1.1A.
All tests worked. My mouse tests above just used auto-detected mouse settings. The above would suggest some issue with your Logitech mouse, perhaps the drivers (if any). Or, it may be some utility is detecting the action an suppressing or changing the outcome of mouse double-clicks (e.g. in the way auto-correct tools like TextExpender do). Does double-clicking work in other apps as expected?

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Andrew Saffer

Re: Double-click to create new note
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2016, 10:39pm

It turns out that Sierra had just made the double-click speed impossibly fast. An Archive and ReInstall helped. All done. Thanks, Andrew

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print