Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jumping between two separate container notes. (Read 4506 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Jumping between two separate container notes.
Reply #15 - Nov 28th, 2016, 4:17am

The 'img' tag work file for me. This is @David's URL above set in img tags:

The code use in the post to display the above:

Code:
 [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10002711/Screenshot%202016-11-28%2007.15.20.png[/img] 

If you use the 'url' tag, as in the previous post above, it still works though the reader has to click on the URL and open its target to see the image itself. Take your pick!  Smiley

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #16 - Nov 28th, 2016, 6:04am

Mark,

Using the IMG tag didn't work for me when I posted my screenshot -- I tested it. Using IMG shows the same 'broken image' icon with my screenshot it did with hers.

The only way I could get it to post was via URL.

Wonder if this is a forum permissions thing -- you're an administrator and we're not.

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2016, 6:06am by David Bertenshaw »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #17 - Nov 28th, 2016, 7:45am

David - for clarity, my last wasn't meant in any way to be critique. As to the img tag issue, your suggestion it might be permission is sensible but I can't see any settings in the admin panel that suggest such problem. Although no one can upload files/images to the forum there is nothing - no setting - stopping linking to online resources as URLs ('url' tag) or embedded images ('img' tag)

I can't see anything stopping users posting images in posts. I think the only limitation is the img tags must enclose a full valid URL - which yours looks to be. FWIW, the tags names aren't case-sensitive.

Odd. Oh well, at least URLs seems to work. Thanks for the feedback though

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #18 - Nov 28th, 2016, 12:00pm

I didn't take it as a critique at all! I was just clarifying and wondering whether it was an administrator thing.

IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2016, 3:35pm

Dear David,

I tried to create a shared folder, but it asks for an Email address. I don't have one for you or the forum so obviously I'm not understanding.  Maybe we should  forget worrying about this and wait for the new forum to start working.

I went to the new forum, and may be putting up images is going to be more friendly for a non-tech person. The form itself certainly looks much nicer.

I love the description of the group for the application. "For people who have forgotten what they did last year." That's me. I gave up last year. So I'm trying to forget that experience, and start all over again.

Best,
Ellen

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2016, 4:16pm

I wrote that category description.  I often forget things...  Sad

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Reply #21 - Dec 2nd, 2016, 4:33pm

I wanted to post a photo and couldn't follow David's directions.  Not his problem.  I am just ignorant.  Anxious to begin the new forum.

This issue is not driving me nuts, so I think I will just drop it until I get more basic problems solved.  Thank-you for trying Mark.  Some people just don't get it very easily.  Wink  I have other better qualities than messing with the computer.  I always think, maybe the light will go on tomorrow.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2016, 5:07pm

Quote:
Some people just don't get it very easily.

don't be too harsh on yourself.  Lots of things aren't obvious after the fact.  12+ years of writing public hypertext for others has pushed to the realsie it's only vaguely right when people stop saying they can't find what they need (actually: don't recognise what they see). It's certainly changed my approach to writing hypertext and informed my current PhD studies.

The new forum's up but I'm not who's supposed to be using it - why not drop an email to Eastgate if you want to get an account set up?

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2016, 5:10pm

Thanks.  That is really true.  I am not seeing what is there, but I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for.

My new motto is to try not to drop a topic without trying several times.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print