Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
opening notes (Read 1055 times)
Ellen Madono

opening notes
Nov 27th, 2016, 2:21am

Hi,
I hope my image files shows a notes with no blank white spaces.    I spend a few minutes clicking around the note or make it larger and somehow I get it to open.  But, there should be a keyboard short cut.

By the way, I don't always have access to the Internet.  Is there a even out of date, but mostly right list of keyboard short cuts that I could download as a file?  I have a poor short term memory, so I have to keep looking at a list to practice.  Otherwise I never learn to use shortcuts.

Thanks,
Ellen

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2016, 12:51pm by Mark Bernstein »  
  IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Re: openning notes
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2016, 5:23am

Sorry.  I just realized that the problem in opening a note occurs when the note is visibile.  Maybe it open when you can click on the back of the note, but not the front.  I am not sure.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: opening notes
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2016, 11:59am

I'm not clear as to what the 'back' of the note might be. When you click on a note in the view pane, the left side of a document window, it is automatically shown in the text pane on the right of the window. If you can't see the text pane, you may have inadvertently closed is - as you can drag the splitter bar between the two panes or do so via the Window menu.

Only in Tinderbox v5 and earlier is it necessary to 'open' a text note. What version of Tinderbox are you using?

As to shortcuts, the best suggestion I have is to open this aTbRef page and print it to PDF. Then you'll have a PDF copy of it on you mac.

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2016, 12:51pm by Mark Bernstein »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2016, 9:31pm

I mean I could not open the note by just clicking on it.  I see the terminology is "drill down."  A far cry from my old fashion idea of opening a file.  Problem solved.  Cheesy

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2016, 4:12am

'Drilling down' doesn't open anything, it changes the context of the view pane, i.e. what it does is to promote the current item as the root of the view pane. For a map, this means the view pane (left) shows the selected items' map. For outline/chart/treemap the selected item becomes the topmost visible item in the view pane - i.e. the view will show only children/descendants of the current view. For timeline view, as with a map, the current item becomes the root of the view although descendants and not just children may be displayed.

In all views drilling down increments the 'breadcrumb bar'. If no breadcrumb bar is shown you know the view is at root level.

To reverse a drill-down, click on the right-most item in the breadcrumb bar to 'hoist' the view one level (in $OutlineDepth).

Map view is the only one where the a down-arrow drills down. In all of map/outline/chart/treemap views a double-click drills down:
  • Map: double-click the item into which to drill down (container or note, not aliases, adornments).
  • Outline and Chart: double-click the icon to the left of the note title.
  • Treemap: double-click the item itself.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ellen Madono

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2016, 4:58am

It is so much deeper than what I thought.  Thank-you

IP Logged
Pages: 1