Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Navigating outlines with the keyboard (Read 732 times)
Sam

Navigating outlines with the keyboard
Dec 21st, 2016, 1:33am

Is there a key stroke that will fold (opposite of expand) a note? Ctrl-Command-right arrow will expand a note and move to the first offspring, but I can't find a keystroke that does the opposite. Is there one? If not, please consider this a feature request.

Also, I personally would prefer if expanding a note left the cursor on the note in question and would not move to the first offspring.

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Navigating outlines with the keyboard
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2016, 6:35am

The command is called 'Collapse' -- it's on the View menu. The keyboard shortcut is cmd-opt-left.

The actual short-cut for 'Expand' is cmd-opt-right. This will leave the focus where it is.

When you use ctl-cmd-right (which I don't think is assigned to anything) I think it's actually sending just the right arrow key, which walks you down the hierarchy, expanding the outline if necessary -- that's why the focus shifts to the first child.  The left key will walk you back up the hierarchy (without collapsing).

At least, I think that's what going on... As usual, I could be wrong, but that's what seems to work for me.

IP Logged
Sam

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2016, 7:02am

Ah, thanks! How did I miss that?! Works exactly as I thought/hoped it should.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2016, 9:52am

It's worth taking a skim through this: shortcut reverse look-up. It's probably the easiest way to read through all the known Tinderbox shortcuts. Note there are some special modified click events for outline view disclosure triangles in addition to arrow-key based shortcuts (see toward the very bottom of the list).

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print