Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
syncing across devices, once again (Read 815 times)
John Kendrick

syncing across devices, once again
Mar 18th, 2017, 3:38pm

Does TB 7 improve syncing across devices? If so, how?

At present, using 6, I am only able to copy and paste. Generally, I use SimpleNote to create notes on my iPad/iPhone. Then copy and paste from the iMac version of such into TB. I presume I could copy and paste in the other direction--iMac TB to iMac SimpleNote to devices. But the cumbersome character of that has eliminated that use for me.

For serious syncing of matters that matter, I use Evernote. Would love to have similar capability in TB.

John Kendrick

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: syncing across devices, once again
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2017, 5:22am

Tinderbox is a desktop app and to my understanding not, by design intent, a multi-location/media app. Although there is interest expressed in a 'lite' version for iOS, I suspect the problem is finding a reduced feature set that both fits the lesser horsepower of mobile devices and giving enough of a features set (and selling enough licences to make the engineering cost worthwhile).

The known info on Simplenote is here.

For non-iOS use, Dropbox works well for me. I use 3 different Mac in 2 locations + travel. You do need to remember to close TBXs after use, but it works well.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
John Kendrick

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2017, 12:46pm

Thanks for the note, Mark A. I assumed that was the answer. But did not know about the extra material on Simplenote. I'll check it out.

John Kendrick

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2017, 6:08pm

I don't use Simplenote myself (apart from infrequent tests). I believe a note added to the /Simplenote container in Tinderbox will result in a (new) note being synched to Simplenote, i.e. avoiding copy/paste outside Tinderbox.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print