Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maps: alias of a container (Read 4968 times)
Paul Walters

Maps: alias of a container
Jun 04th, 2012, 5:07am

5.11.1 on 10.7.4

Notice the image, below.  This is a map of a note and its alias.  The oval note is the prototype assigned to the original (and thus the alias).  The title bar of the container of the alias gets an oval insert (or any other shape assigned to that prototype), but the title bar of the original does not.  I rather like the interesting appearance of the alias - is it an intended feature?

But the shape it doesn't show up on the original if the original is a container - not sure why that would be the case.  Also, as far as I used to know, viewports of aliases on maps didn't show child notes of the original - though now it seems they do.  I believe I missed that change in the release notes.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Maps: alias of a container
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2012, 5:59am

Two questions here, if I read correctly (and testing in v5.11.1 on OS 10.6.8).

1. The shape showing in the title section of the alias container is, I believe not intended. As you note shapes are only drawn for non-container items.

2. I think the ability of a map alias to show the original's children may be linked to the change in v5.8.0 whereby aliases can be queried for their originals children/descendants. However, I note the alias of agents is drawn incorrectly (as a container  and not agent). Also for aliases of both agents and containers, the viewport is empty unless both original and alias are on the same map - which usually they are not.

I'll report this to support.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2012, 6:11am

Thank you, Mark.  I suspected these were unsupported features.  So, I've posted a request to the Off the Wall section, asking Eastgate to consider making one or both permanent.  I particularly like the shape in the title bar of the container - adds a bit of flair to maps.

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2012, 6:12am by Paul Walters »  
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2012, 7:24pm

Looks like a blunder to me. We'll investigate.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print