Tinderbox 4: See what you can do
Tinderbox agents and rules let you gradually make your notes smarter, helping you to keep things organized and to discover new relationships.
Tinderbox 4 greatly extends and improves the range of things that rules and actions can do. You probably wont need all these abilities. Lot's of Tinderbox users wont need any of them. And that's fine!
It's nice to know they're available, just in case you need them.
New in Tinderbox 4
- log, sqrt, abs, round, sin and cos functions manipulate numbers
- new Color functions functions for colorful visualizations
- new Date operators for comparing and constructing dates
- new Set operators for working with tags and topics including a flexible new way to let agents look at links and powerful collect and collect_if set builders
- easy, flexible formatting
- macros in rules and agents
- #inside(theAdornment) finds notes that are sitting on a specific adornment
- send and retrieve information from other programs or even remote computers and Web services with runCommand
For some examples of new things that agents and rules can do, see this new tutorial on sending email to colleagues, to Web services, and sending Twitter messages from Tinderbox containers and agents.
for Mac OS X ❧ More download options.