Early Access Program
Since Tinderbox 1.0, we’ve shipped more than
ninety 151 full-fledged Tinderbox releases and many hundreds of test versions. We deliver several releases every year.
But there's even more action behind the scenes, as we design new features, improve existing facilities, roll out new tools, and experiment with fresh ideas. Tinderbox Backstage gives you access to experimental Tinderbox updates, often weeks or even months in advance of general availability. Backstage also gives Tinderbox fans a chance to explore alternate designs, to propose different approaches, and to exchange tips and techniques.
It’s also a nice way to support Tinderbox.
If you'd like first crack at new Tinderbox concepts, if you’d like to discuss ideas for new applications and new features, if you’d like to see how software is crafted, or if you’d like to show your support, backstage is for you.
Here’s the plan:
- You’ll need to have a Tinderbox license and a currently-valid upgrade.
- Be prepared to be a thrill-seeker. Our test releases have a pretty good record of reliability, but this really is experimental software. It will contain bugs. Documentation will be sparse at best. Features are sometimes added and removed before opening night. You’ll need immaculate backups and at least a smidgeon of patience.
- We don’t require non-disclosure. We do ask that you report problems directly to us.
- We’ll have lots of releases and experiments. We’ll try out new ideas and discover what works best.
- You’ll have access to test and experimental builds of Tinderbox, and receive first word of new design notes and previews.
- You’ll have backstage access to design discussions and test reports in the special Backstage Forum.
- You’ll need a ticket.
Spreading the News
Beyond supporting the costs of the early access program, we use the ticket receipts to boost broader marketing. Web ads. Podcast sponsorships. Artisanal Software Festivals. As always, we deeply appreciate your support.
for Mac OS X ❧ More download options.